Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Fats for the win

So the good news is...the goldfish are gone.  The bad news is...I ate them all.  Hopefully I can refrain from buying anymore!!

I am trying my best to eat healthy snacks but they never seem to satisfy me.  I do ok for awhile and then crack around 4-5pm and eat handful after handful of Cheerios (because they are AWESOME)!  I think part of the reason is that I don't get enough healthy fats in my meals.  I try my best to cut out most "unnecessary" fats and always used reduced fat cheese and fat free yogurt, coffee creamer ect.  My new goal is to eat less processed junk.  Basically eat more healthy fats and less carbs.

This morning I made an egg scramble.  I sautéed a small handful of onions, red peppers, and cherry tomatoes in olive oil and then added a huge handful of spinach.  After the spinach cooked down, I added the egg.  After it was cooked, I threw it all in a bowl with half of an avocado and topped it with Cholula sauce.   I ate this at 8am...and then was good to go until about 1130!  That's a record for me...haha.  I usually have eggs with an english muffin and that usually leaves me still feeling hungry!

YUMMMM!

It will definitely be trial and error but I think I am on the right track!


1 comment:

  1. Good work! In the book I am reading, adding avocado, olive oil, sunflower and pumpkin seeds are on tons of the meals. I think it helps stay full, good fats are good!

    ReplyDelete